Loucin Guitar Co. Building Course
Loucin Guitar Co. offers an intensive course of instruction in acoustic guitar building. Students will learn every aspect of the process from start to finish and will build their very own guitar during the course. We provide a fully equipped workshop full of tools, forms, moulds and jigs.
Courses run all year long (except July & August), but there is limited space, so make sure to book now. You will work along side Garren who will teach you the principles of guitar making. You will follow the Loucin guitar building process step-by-step. After successful completion of the course, you will have a guitar made for you, by you – how cool is that? ”The Ultimate Souvenir”.
• Guitar design and bracing patterns based on playing preferences & acoustic principles
• Use of all power and hand tools; how to maintain them and work with them safely
• Making all internal and external parts from rough stock by hand • Joining, planing and bracing a sound board and back (all solid woods)
• Bending the back and sides (solid Indian Rosewood) • Inserting or inlaying purfling and sound hole rosettes
- • Cutting and fitting the neck-to-body joint
• Building, shaping and carving your neck & volute
• Making and slotting the fingerboard (Ebony)
• Installing and dressing frets • Finishing materials and techniques; wet-sanding, buffing and polishing
• Final assembly and set-up to critical specifications for superior playability
- • Installing and dressing frets
- • Finishing materials and techniques; wet-sanding, buffing and polishing
- • Final assembly and set-up to critical specifications for superior playability
Loucin Guitar Co. is located in Oakville ON, Canada